Emergency crews respond to house fire
Crews from five Leavenworth County township fire departments are on the scene of a house fire in southern Leavenworth County.
Leavenworth County emergency dispatch said the fire started around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday at the home at 14261 234th St.
According to a dispatcher, the homeowner got out of the house safely and no injuries were reported.
The homeowner, David Blansit, said five people were home when the fire broke out and all made it out safely.
"I have no idea how it started. I just smelled the smoke," Blansit said.
He said he then ran out of the house and moved his vehicles out of his garage and his propane-fired barbecue grill away from his home.
Check back for more details as they develop, including a full report tonight at 10 on Sunflower Broadband Channel 6.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Heavy rain causes lowland flooding in south-central Kansas
- Kansas cattle inventory on the upswing after drought years
- Longtime Tonganoxie doctor dies after just celebrating 60 years of service