Gatorade names Grizzle track athlete of year
Tonganoxie's Roxi Grizzle has been named Gatorade's Kansas girls track and field athlete of year for the second year in a row.
As a senior javelin thrower at Tonganoxie High, Grizzle established a Class 4A state record with a throw of 165 feet, 5 inches. It was also the fourth best throw in the nation and the eighth best in U.S. prep history.
Grizzle, who has signed a national letter of intent with Nebraska, also posted a 3.41 grade point average.
"She was great last year, too," Tonganoxie coach Chris Weller said, "but she was much more consistent this year. She had big throws in every meet."
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it