Gatorade names Grizzle track athlete of year
Tonganoxie's Roxi Grizzle has been named Gatorade's Kansas girls track and field athlete of year for the second year in a row.
As a senior javelin thrower at Tonganoxie High, Grizzle established a Class 4A state record with a throw of 165 feet, 5 inches. It was also the fourth best throw in the nation and the eighth best in U.S. prep history.
Grizzle, who has signed a national letter of intent with Nebraska, also posted a 3.41 grade point average.
"She was great last year, too," Tonganoxie coach Chris Weller said, "but she was much more consistent this year. She had big throws in every meet."
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court