None harmed in house blaze
Crews from five Leavenworth County township fire departments were on the scene of a house fire in southern Leavenworth County June 18.
Leavenworth County emergency dispatch said the fire started around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday at the home at 14261 234th St.
According to a dispatcher, the homeowner got out of the house safely and no injuries were reported.
The homeowner, David Blansit, said five people were home when the fire broke out and all made it out safely.
"I have no idea how it started. I just smelled the smoke," Blansit said.
He said he then ran out of the house and moved his vehicles out of his garage and his propane-fired barbecue grill away from his home.
Darren Shepherd of the Reno Township Fire Department was the commanding officer on the scene.
He said the fire was electrical in nature and started in a pop-up camper that was behind the house.
More like this story
- Zika virus confirmed in Kansas, officials say; now more than 200 cases nationwide
- Kansas Supreme Court strikes down block grant school funding law
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Kansas teens less likely to be vaccinated against HPV
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research