Tonganoxie City Fire Department
¢ Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 10:21 a.m., 5:18 a.m., 7:14 p.m. and 7:52 p.m. June 17, 8:15 p.m. and 10:07 p.m. Thursday and 12:25 a.m. and 11:42 a.m. Sunday.
¢ Firefighters responded to an activated smoke detector at 2 p.m. June 17 in the 100 block of East 12th Street. The investigation revealed low batteries.
¢ At 4:53 p.m. June 17, firefighters responded to a car fire in the 800 block of East Fourth Street.
¢ At 11:24 a.m. Wednesday, June 18, firefighters responded to an oil spill of about 300 gallons on the city lot next to the fire station.
¢ Firefighters responded at 6:14 p.m. Wednesday, June 18 to a structure fire in the 14000 block of 234th St. Firefighters responded with Reno, Tonganoxie, Stranger, Fairmount and Union township fire departments for standby in the southern part of the county.
¢ Firefighters responded at 1:30 a.m. Thursday to the smell of gas in the 200 block of East Seventh Street. Nothing was found.
¢ At noon Saturday, firefighters responded to Heartland Church for a public relations event.
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office
¢A 59-year-old Easton man reported that around 7 a.m. June 13 he was contacted by a 42-year-old Easton man who threatened to kill the older man so he could get his horse back. The older man said he had bought four horses from the suspected man's mother two days earlier. The suspected man called again on June 14.
¢ A 46-year-old Michigan woman filed a report with the Sheriff's Office after she discovered some jewelry along with some money that had probably been stolen from her home in Leavenworth on May 20. The woman reported that she used a moving company to pack and move her items. The report states that she suspects one of the movers stole her items. The loss was estimated at $2,000.
¢ A 45-year-old Easton man reported that a 1984 Ford F-250 had been stolen from his property sometime after 7 p.m. on June 17 in the 22400 block of Ehart Rd The truck was valued at $1,500. There are no suspects at this time.
¢ A 2003 Dodge 2500 belonging to a 43-year-old Leavenworth man was lost in a fire that occurred around 6 p.m. Friday. The vehicle's owner stated that he attempted to start the truck, but it did not start. He then began to bail some hay when he noticed smoke coming from the driveway. By the time he reached the vehicle, it was engulfed in flames. Fire District No. 1 responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. The vehicle was considered a total loss and there was no evidence of criminal involvement.
More like this story
- New Tonganoxie High track open to runners, walkers for now
- Kansas school aid debate raises tough issues for lawmakers
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future