Woodlands schedule announced
The Fall Festival of Horse Racing returns to The Woodlands on Saturday, Sept. 20, and will run through Saturday, Oct. 25. Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse races will take place Saturday through Wednesday with a starting post time of 12:30 p.m.
A variety of promotions are planned during the fall season including; a special event with Pat Day (retired richest jockey in history). The event will raise funds to aid Race Track Chaplaincy programs. The 15th Annual Wiener Dog Nationals will be Sunday, Sept. 21, and Camel Races are also being planned at the track.
The Fall Festival of Horse Racing will conclude on Oct. 25 on the scheduled simulcast of the Breeders' Cup. Two race fans from the Woodlands will be present at Santa Anita for the two-day event as an all-expense paid trip will be given away by the Woodlands on Saturday, Aug. 23.
Throughout the horse meet, greyhound post times are as follows: 7 p.m. Wednesdays; 4 p.m. Thursdays; 7 p.m. Fridays; and 7 p.m. Saturdays.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Boy Scout provides lending library to downtown pocket park
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie City Council hears concerns about sesquicentennial road closures
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers