Benefit planned money
Friends of Heidi Karn Barker and Brad Barker are planning a fun-filled evening of Mexican food, bingo, a silent auction and raffle drawing Saturday.
Karn Barker received a successful double lung transplant on Jan. 4 at the Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. This fundraiser is to help the couple with medical expenses, living expenses and other daily expenses as she recovers in St. Louis.
The couple are graduates of McLouth High School. George Karn, Heidi's father, is a longtime teacher in the McLouth School District. Her mother, Tracie Karn, works for Peruvian Connection, a business near Tonganoxie.
Joe and Mary Garcia, well-known in the area for their Mexican food, will begin serving food at 5 p.m. in the McLouth Elementary School cafeteria.
Throughout dinner, several raffle drawings will be held. The silent auction will be held in the Purple gym starting at 5 p.m., and numerous winners will be named hourly. Bingo games will begin at 7 p.m. and run throughout the evening as well.
Area businesses and organizations have donated prizes for all the events. Prizes include: sports memorabilia, tickets to various sporting events, gift baskets, gift certificates and other prizes.
Childcare will be available in the Gold gym for ages 4 to 9 years old, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
For more information, contact Linda at (913) 845-6015 or Mary at (913) 845-6011.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie girls golf puts finishing touches on inaugural season at Spring Hill regional
- Tonganoxie High School medals four teams at two-speaker state debate
- Teeing off with Tonganoxie High golf
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams