County to test tornado sirens
At 1:30 p.m. Tuesday the Leavenworth County Office of Emergency Management will be participating in a statewide tornado drill as part of National Severe Weather Week.
Emergency Management Director Chuck Magaha said today's test will differ from normal monthly tests, because the drill will last for three minutes instead of one minute.
The tests will encompass all outdoor sirens in Leavenworth County. Magaha asks that anyone who notices a malfunctioning siren to call the emergency management office at 913-684-0455 or a local law enforcement agency.
The office will also hold a public training presentation for spotting severe weather. The program will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the National Guard Armory, 703 Metropolitan St., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Informational video helps understand traffic procedure at TES, TMS
- Catholic foundation raises $500K for students
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events