Mirror wins 13 awards from KPA’s 2008 Awards of Excellence
The Mirror has won 13 Kansas Press Association 2008 Awards of Excellence, the association has announced.
The Mirror will receive two first-place awards, four second-place awards and seven third-place awards in the annual competition.
Eric Sorrentino won first place in the sports story category for "Against all odds," and Lisa Scheller won first place for her agriculture story "Family keeps McGraw fertilizer strong."
The Mirror staff took second place in design and layout, best front page and best newspaper Web site. Staffer Shawn Linenberger also won second place in sports column writing.
Third-place awards went to Estuardo Garcia in the feature story category and Linenberger in the youth story category. The newspaper staff picked up third place in editorial pages, sports pages, feature package and public notices.
The awards will be presented in April at the Kansas Press Association's 116th annual convention, which will be in Junction City.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday