Our view: Despite weather parade still success
Mother Nature apparently wasn't feeling the luck o' the Irish on Saturday.
However, that didn't stop plenty of area residents from lining Fourth Street to watch the 20th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade.
It was a cold and dreary day, but Tonganoxie was golden when it came to braving the elements.
Organizers were confident about this year's event and were touting it in advance, saying it would bigger and better than ever before.
By most accounts, they seemed to be on the money. The weather was one aspect that could have been better.
But it's now March. And we live in Kansas, so we know lucking through with sunshine and springlike temperatures can be a tall order.
Regardless, Tonganoxie should be proud of this year's parade. People put plenty of time into Saturday's festivities, be it the parade or meals being served downtown for good causes.
What started as a couple of vehicles spontaneously parading downtown has turned into so much more today.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal