Boy hurt in turnpike accident near Bonner Springs
Truck overturns after traveling too fast on exit
A 10-year-old boy was flown by air ambulance Children's Mercy Hospital about 10:30 a.m. Saturday, after a semitrailer rolled over on the Kansas Turnpike near Bonner Springs and Kansas Highway 7.
The boy was a passenger in a 2001 truck driven by Javier Ruiseco, a 35-year-old Las Vegas man.
According to the Kansas Turnpike Authority, Ruiseco was traveling west on the turnpike and went too fast on an exit for Kansas Highway 7 and lost control of the truck.
The truck rolled into a ditch. Ruiseco was not injured. The boy's condition was unavailable Saturday afternoon.
More like this story
- One lane eastbound, two lanes westbound open on Kansas Turnpike after accident one mile east of East Lawrence Interchange
- Weekend accident sends three people to area hospitals
- Injury accidents gnarl traffic on three highways
- Two Berryton residents injured after SUV runs into large utility pole just north of Lawrence
- Crews extinguishing semitrailer fire on Kansas Turnpike