Chieftains track finishes regular season
The Tonganoxie High track team had its final regular-season meet Friday at Shawnee Mission North.
Jeremy Carlisle won the 800-meter run for the Chieftains with a time of 1:57.9, breaking his own THS school record, which he set a few weeks back at the Kansas Relays.
Roxi Grizzle finished first in the javelin for THS and teammate Chrissie Jeannin was right behind her at second.
Junior Roni Grizzle finished second in the shot put and Tracie Hileman continued to show off her jumping prowess as she finished third in the long jump and sixth in the high jump.
Christy Weller, Andie Jeannin, Katie Chenoweth and Megan Puhr led the girls 4x800 relay team to a fourth-place finish at the SMN Relays.
Senior Kendrick Whittington placed fourth in the high jump with a leap of 6 feet, 2 inches.
Tyler Gurss finished fifth in the discus with a throw of 133 feet, 9 inches.
Sophomore D.J. Lindsay finished eighth in the 200-meter dash finals and Gabe Belobrajdic's throw of 159 feet, 6 inches got him 10th in the javelin.
The Chieftains will compete at the Kaw Valley League Meet Wednesday. Check back with The Mirror's Web site for results and photos.
More like this story
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises