The Annual McLouth-area Rural School Reunion was held May 4 in the McLouth Community Center. Thirty-four people attended, representing 11 schools: Wildhorse, Stanwood, Eureka, Wilhelm, Round Grove, Woodstock, Brown, Hinton, Parsons, Valley Grove and Hazel Ridge. They came from as far away as Kentucky, Branson and Drexel, Mo., as well as various locations in Kansas.
¢ McLouth High School's commencement will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Braksick Sports Complex.
¢ McLouth Friendship Club's Covered Dish Luncheon will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the community center. All adults 50 and older are welcome. The theme will be "Cinco de Mayo." Please bring your favorite Mexican covered dish to share, and your table service. If you need a ride, the Jefferson County Services Organization vehicle (with limited seating) is available to residents within a one-mile radius of McLouth. Please call Charlotte Robinson to make your reservation for a ride: (913) 796-6798.
¢ McLouth's Middle School promotion will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the purple gym.
¢ Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery