Defensive driving featured at society’s monthly meeting
John Duncanson will be the speaker for the Tuesday, May 27, Tonganoxie Community Historical Society meeting.
Duncanson is a retired patrol division commander of the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office and currently is an instructor for the AARP Driver Safety Program.
He will speak about defensive driving techniques for seniors, present facts and figures regarding accidents and will talk about the history of law enforcement in Leavenworth County. Mr. Duncanson is a graduate of Tonganoxie High School. He was with the sheriff's office from 1972 to 2003.
The public is welcome to attend the meeting at the historic site, 201 W. Washington St.
More like this story
- Hollywood Casino delays start of hotel project
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- School finance summit at Wichita State postponed
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy