President Lindsey Gonser called the April meeting of the Happy Helper 4-H club to order, and roll call was answered with a response to the question: "What is your favorite flower?"
There were 44 members present. The club's leaders announced that there was a pig sale on April 13 at the Leavenworth county fairgrounds. Also, it was announced that May 3 was the sheep weigh-in. The spring activity for the club was brought forth under new business. An idea of going to the Great Wolf Lodge to swim and play miniature golf. A motion was made and was passed. The spring activity will commence May 31. An announcement was made that May 1 is the deadline for bottle calf entries for the fair. Recreation, a game of chain tag, was led by Tyler Gonser. The meeting was adjourned with the saying of the 4-H motto: "To make the best better."
-- Dane Gonser, Happy Helpers 4-H club reporter
More like this story
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Free speech group urges KU to exonerate professor who used N-word in class
- Leighty grant funding awards largest single-year amount
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City