Leavenworth Relay for Life is June 6 and 7
The American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Leavenworth County will be held June 6 and 7 at Abeles Field in Leavenworth. Below is a schedule of some of the activities for the evening:
¢ Survivors' banquet 6 p.m.
¢ Opening ceremony and survivors' first lap 8 p.m.
¢ Luminaria ceremony 10 p.m.
¢ Zumba dancing 1 a.m.
¢ Queen of the Relay 2 a.m.
¢ Chris Cakes pancake breakfast 6-7:30 a.m.
¢ Closing ceremony 8 a.m.
There will be many other activities going on during the Relay such as line dancing, door prizes (must be present to win), disc jockey playing music all night, silent auction, moonwalk, tent-judging contest, games, gift tents and lots of fun for kids of all ages.
Everyone is invited and those who wish to volunteer that evening can come out anytime between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.
The Relay for Life is one of the biggest events for Leavenworth County, and each year it grows in the number of teams involved and the number of funds collected for the American Cancer Society.
If you want to get involved in the planning for next year's Relay, come out and visit with one of the committee members the night of Relay. They will be glad to answer any of your questions and sign you up.
No pets allowed!
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board picks new member; FTE enrollment up; library building discussed; contracts, resignations approved
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop