Kaw Valley League Football Report: Week Nine
Mill Valley is the Kaw Valley League champion, but both the Jaguars and league runner-up Lansing are going to the playoffs.
Mill Valley snapped Lansing’s perfect season Friday with a 21-14 victory at MVHS that clinched both the KVL and Class 5A district championships.
In all, six KVL clubs are headed to the playoffs. It’s the second straight year the league has accomplished that feat.
In Class 5A, Mill Valley, Lansing and Turner — a winner of three straight games — are playoff-bound.
In Class 4A, Perry-Lecompton, Bishop Ward and Basehor-Linwood will compete in the playoffs.
TEAM KVL ALL
Mill Valley 5-0 8-1
Lansing 6-1 8-1
Perry-Lecompton 4-1 6-3
Bonner Springs 4-2 4-5
Bishop Ward 5-3 6-3
Basehor-Linwood 3-5 4-5
Tonganoxie 2-3 5-4
Turner 1-4 4-5
Piper 1-7 1-8
Santa Fe Trail 0-5 0-9
WEEK NINE SCORES:
Mill Valley 21, Lansing 14
Topeka Seaman 37, Bonner Springs 17
Turner 42, Harmon 28
Basehor-Linwood 7, Piper 0
Bishop Ward 48, Tonganoxie 12
Perry-Lecompton 49, Santa Fe Trail 0
WEEK 10 GAMES:
Sumner Academy at Mill Valley
Lansing at Turner
Basehor-Linwood at Piper
Atchison at Bishop Ward
De Soto at Perry-Lecompton
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council OKs proposed 2016 budget
- Tonganoxie mayor recuses himself from future Tyson discussions
- Topeka to pay $10K for sewage release
- School board approves new Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center sound system, special-needs vehicle
- Tyson putting hold on proposed chicken plant plans near Tonganoxie