Salvation Army offers holiday help
The Salvation Army, 600 Walnut, Leavenworth, will be taking applications for Christmas assistance.
Applications will be taken from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. today and Friday, Nov. 7, and Monday, Nov. 10, through Friday, Nov. 14. Applications also will be taken 6:30-8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10.
After these dates, people may apply for Christmas assistance during regular assistance hours, 1-3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
To apply, people must bring a picture identification and proof of income for all household members, such as a current check stub, SRS printout, unemployment statement or Social Security letter. Proof of residency is required, as are Social Security cards for all family members. A 2007 income tax form may be used instead of Social Security cards.
More like this story
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- Lansing approves Leavenworth County Humane Society permit for future building