Jennie Coffin was surprised Oct. 26 when relatives went to the First Baptist Church in McLouth for her 80th birthday. Everyone enjoyed visiting her and had cake and punch. She was “really surprised.”
Farmers in our area are getting back into the fields again for the fall harvest after the 2 1/2 inches of rain. The grain trucks are on the move.
Linda and Danny Schwinn and Harold and Anna Schermbeck left Oct. 24 for Nebraska to visit the Bob and Carol Knapp family and returned home Oct. 27.
Bret, Kyle and Adam Schwinn were among the 36 students from Pleasant Ridge High School to attend a convention Oct. 21-24 in Indiana. Brenda Schwinn went as a sponsor.
Sharon Lynn came Oct. 27 from Leavenworth to see her sister, Evelyn Schwinn and took her to lunch at Ten Penny for an early birthday lunch.
Kirk Austin Knapp came Friday evening and stayed all night Oct. 24 with his parents Wayne and Anabel Knapp, and had dinner on Saturday before arriving home at Valley Falls.
Anabel Knapp had cataract surgery Oct. 28 as an outpatient at Cushing Memorial Hospital. She is doing really well.
Wayne is slowly improving and is feeling better after seeing a specialist at Lawrence. He has been doctoring since his spell, which started Aug. 28.
More like this story
- Recent record falls as Tonganoxie High girls breeze past Bishop Ward
- Record-breaking end to regular season for Tonganoxie High girls
- Tonganoxie High seniors shine in boys basketball regular-season finale
- Taxes, education dominate legislative forum in Tonganoxie
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance