Tonganoxie attorney named district judge
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius has named a Tonganoxie attorney to be the new district judge for Leavenworth and Atchison counties.
Michael Gibbens, 58, was named to the bench on Friday, filling the vacancy left by retiring Judge Philip C. Lacey.
Gibbens has an extensive legal background, including serving as a prosecutor, civil litigator and municipal judge. He graduated from Baker University and earned his law degree from Washburn University.
He is currently a managing member of the law firm of Gibbens, Sutton and Sonntag. Gibbens is married with four children and five grandchildren.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County commissioner's replacement would have to run for re-election in 2018
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak