Chieftain football players receive Kaw Valley League honors
Six Tonganoxie High football players were honored by the Kaw Valley League recently for their play in 2008.
A pair of Chieftains were named to the KVL second team while five players received honorable mention.
Junior E.J. Fields was named to the second team KVL defensive unit for his play at defensive end. Senior punter Zack Robinson was named to the second team for his special teams play this season.
Four THS players, including Robinson, who earned honorable mention for his play at quarterback, were recognized for their offensive production.
Senior linemen Jamie Everett and Bill Seymour received honorable mention for their play on the offensive line.
Sophomore running back Jeremy Carlisle also made the KVL honorable mention team.
The lone THS defender to receive honorable mention was senior linebacker Boomer Carey.
More like this story
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers