Bob and Sara Aufdemberge of Auburn were supper guests of Bid Sheppard on Nov. 15. They showed her pictures of their trip to Scotland.
Rick Powers of Globe, Ariz., visited his mother, Kathy Powers, for several days recently. He also visited Bid Sheppard.
The Jaunty Jarbalonians chapter of the Red Hat Society met Nov. 11 at Applebee’s in Leavenworth for lunch. Those attending were Jane Turner, Lynn Paul, Linda Barry, Bonny Barnett and Thamar Barnett. Their next meeting will be at Jane Turner’s house for Christmas at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20. There will be snack foods and a cookie exchange.
Each person is asked to bring three dozen cookies. Anyone wishing to join is welcome. The Jaunty Jarbalonians would like to have new members.
Jarbalo United Methodist Women met Wednesday, Nov. 12 at Pullman Place Family Restaurant in Leavenworth for lunch. The group had a meeting after the meal. Those attending were Frances Jeannin, Bid Sheppard, Gladys Steffen, Marilyn Oxley, Rosie Oelschlaeger and Thamar Barnett.
The annual charge conference for the Fairmount and Jarbalo United Methodist churches was held Sunday at Fairmount.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Vintage Park's Julie Hansen
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015