Thrift store holds Thanksgiving food drive through Saturday
A food drive is being held this week to help local families in need.
City of Angels Thrift Store, 613 E. Fourth St. in Tonganoxie, is sponsoring the drive, which started Tuesday and will conclude Saturday.
Owner Deb Stanwix is dubbing the event the Thanksgiving Food Drive and envisions it being an annual event.
She said her store has been open for a month and she wanted to give back to the community.
Food may be dropped off from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings