Thrift store holds Thanksgiving food drive through Saturday
A food drive is being held this week to help local families in need.
City of Angels Thrift Store, 613 E. Fourth St. in Tonganoxie, is sponsoring the drive, which started Tuesday and will conclude Saturday.
Owner Deb Stanwix is dubbing the event the Thanksgiving Food Drive and envisions it being an annual event.
She said her store has been open for a month and she wanted to give back to the community.
Food may be dropped off from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
More like this story
- New Leavenworth County Annex open house is today in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13
- Tonganoxie earmarks $31,500 for sesquicentennial celebration
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Organizers hope Feast for First Responders gains steam in Tonganoxie