Bob and Alfreda Ryan attended the Ryan family reunion on Sept. 21 at the Lansing Community Center. They were part of the 110 in attendance. All of their family was present except one granddaughter, Sammi Kay Womack, of Arizona. Their daughters and husbands are Susan Womack and Derek Ong, Ozawkie; Kathel and Mike Dungan, Edgewood, Texas, and Anah and Dwayne Mance, Easton; the Ryans’ grandchildren: Sascha, her husband, Mark, and their daughters, Sophia and Mia Smith, Valley Falls; Shanna Carmichael and JayCee and Scott, Ozawkie; Mike and Shawlyn Dungan; Chris Dungan and his friend, Jill Braun, Carterville, Ill.; Brandon, Bridget, and Lauren Mance, Easton; Megan Mance, Leavenworth; Sarajo Mance, Easton; and two friends: Amy Theis, Leavenworth, and Jeremy Lorenzo, Manhattan. All spent Sunday evening at the Ryan home in McLouth.
• American Legion Auxiliary Post No. 393 will play host to a coffee at 4 p.m. Friday at the McLouth Community Center. All veterans and their family members who have specific questions regarding their earned VA benefits are advised to attend.
• The Friends of McLouth High School Inc. Charity Golf Tournament will be at the Lake Perry Country Club at Ozawkie on Saturday. All proceeds go toward providing scholarships and supporting school activities for McLouth USD 342. The format will be a four-person scramble, open to all golfers with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. The fee is $200 per team. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. For questions or to register in advance, please call Mike Tullis at (913) 796-6160.
• First Baptist Church of McLouth welcomes everyone to a praise gathering at 6 p.m. Sunday for old-fashioned hymn singing, special music, sharing of testimonies and experiences, Christian fellowship and refreshments.
McLouth Parent Teachers Organization will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9, in the high school home economics room. Babysitting will be provided.
Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children