Gardner, Wright top 30 at DVL meet
The McLouth High cross country team had two runners place in the top 30 on Thursday at the Delaware Valley League meet, held at Rim Rock Farm in Lawrence.
Senior Gelia Gardner was 22nd in the girls 4K with a time of 19:39 — a personal record for her.
“She ran a great race,” Bulldogs coach Jamie Noll said.
Sophomore Derek Wright placed 26th in the boys 5K, finishing the run in 19:18. It was a personal record for him as well.
“Derek continues to improve his time from each meet,” Noll said. “He is improving at just the right time of the season.”
Brittany Schuman finished 43rd with a time of 20:57 and Caroline Overbaugh was 44th, finishing in 21:08. Anne Courtney, who joined the team midway through the season, was 56th at the DVL meet, running the 4K in 22:38.
Jarrod Bechard finished the 5K in 21:44, finishing 56th.
The Bulldogs will next compete at a Class 3A regional Saturday at Riley County. The girls run at 3:30 p.m. and the boys run at 4:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board