MHS volleyball 2-3 at DVL tourney
The McLouth High volleyball team went 2-3 at the Delaware Valley League tournament on Saturday at University of Saint Mary.
The Bulldogs lost to Immaculata, Jefferson County North and Valley Falls, but defeated Doniphan West and Wathena.
MHS (21-14) played host to Highland Park on Tuesday. Next up for the Bulldogs is a Class 3A sub-state tournament Saturday in Easton at Pleasant Ridge.
Other schools competing at the site are: Maur Hill-Mount Academy, Pleasant Ridge, Atchison County, Horton, Oskaloosa, Sabetha and Jefferson County North.
The Bulldogs have beaten Maur Hill-Mount Academy and Horton this year. They went 1-2 against Jefferson County North and lost to Oskaloosa and Pleasant Ridge.
McLouth coach Erika Houk said the Bulldogs are facing a tough sub-state.
“The girls are going to have to work and focus on their mental game,” Houk said. “They are going to have to come out and start the game strong.
“It’s single-elimination, so there is no room for many mistakes. As long as they limit the mistakes, play hard and don't get out-played mentally, we will do fine. I expect the games to be tough, but if the girls play to their ability, we will win.”
More like this story
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0
- Tonganoxie football bid to knock off undefeated Atchison falls short
- Tonganoxie football staves off Perry-Lecompton rally for first victory
- Lansing spoils Tonganoxie homecoming game with big second half
- Recent record falls as Tonganoxie High girls breeze past Bishop Ward