Drive-thru flu clinic Thursday
The Leavenworth County Health Department will be having a drive-thru flu shots clinic for adults 18 years old or older Thursday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at 10th Avenue Park, across from the Warren Middle School in Leavenworth.
The shots are free for the first 100 guests and $10 afterwards. The shots can be paid for by cash or checks made out to the Leavenworth County Health Department. Medicare Part B and Medicaid are also accepted.
The department asks that guests do not come early because of morning school traffic. All guests in line by 1 p.m. will get a flu shot.
A complete health form will be required to get the shot. The health department recommends filling out the form before coming to get the shot. Copies of the form are available at www.bepreparedleavenworth.org, local libraries and city halls, the Leavenworth County Courthouse, the Leavenworth County Council on Aging and the Leavenworth County Justice Center.
The department also asked that guests have payment or medical card ready before getting the shot and to wear clothing that will allow easy access to the upper arm.
All of the health departments in the Kansas City metro area will be performing the drive-thru clinics on the same day as a way to test plans for giving mass vaccinations while minimizing contact between people.
More like this story
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Audit: Replacing school nurses with aides saves money
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation