MHS volleyball receives 5 seed for sub-state
Bulldogs play host Pleasant Ridge in quarterfinals
KSHSAA announced volleyball sub-state pairings on Wednesday and McLouth High learned it will be a No. 5 seed this Saturday when it heads to Easton for a Class 3A tournament at Pleasant Ridge.
The road to state could be a difficult one for the Bulldogs (22-14), who have to face the host team, No. 4 Pleasant Ridge (26-10), in the quarterfinals Saturday afternoon.
Should MHS advance to the semifinals, it will face either No. 1 Oskaloosa or No. 8 Horton.
Other first-round matchups are No. 2 Jefferson County North vs. No. 7 Maur Hill-Mount Academy and No. 3 Atchison County vs. No. 6 Sabethea.
PRHS defeated McLouth twice this season.
Among other potential sub-state opponents, the Bulldogs have beaten Maur Hill-Mount Academy and Horton this year. They split with Jefferson County North and lost to Oskaloosa.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Knights of Columbus offering fish fries
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit