Take it from youths: Get out and vote
Roughly 120 Tonganoxie youths participated in the Your Vote Counts poster contest recently sponsored by First State Bank and Trust and The Mirror.
Although most of them don’t meet the age requirement to vote, that didn’t stop them from designing some clever posters.
As a way to remind residents to indeed get out and vote, we ask that businesses post copies of the top two winners’ posters, which ran on page 12A in the Oct. 22 edition and runs in today’s edition on 12A.
Also, be sure to check out those posters later this week, as they will be posted throughout First State Bank’s two Tongaonxie locations.
One poster had its own slogan: “It’s more than a good idea, it’s your responsibility.”
It’s hoped that this message rings true with all who are able to vote.
Be informed about the various races and then cast your vote. True patriots do just that.
It can be a good-sized responsibility, doing research on candidates and then getting in those sometimes long lines to vote. But hey, it’s also a pretty good idea.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth wins NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition
- Tonganoxie track has some KU Relays representation
- Tonganoxie High schedule of events for state track
- On course for THS: Tonganoxie cross country teams win home meet, take 5th at Rim Rock Classic
- Irish time in Tonganoxie with St. Pat's Parade on tap Saturday