Douglas County deputies plan check lane early Sunday morning
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office will be conducting a driver's license check lane between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. Sunday, the law enforcement agency announced Thursday.
Sheriff’s deputies will setup the check lane east of Lawrence on North 1500 Road, spokeswoman Lt. Kari Wempe said. The road runs between Lawrence and Eudora. It is the extension of East 15th Street.
Time falls back at 2 a.m. Sunday, marking the end of Daylight Saving Time and allowing bars to stay open an extra hour. Some bartenders say they are expecting a rowdier crowd Saturday night and early Sunday morning, following the Kansas University-Kansas State University football game.
More like this story
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Kansas legislators struggle to draft tax plan for budget fix
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas House faces vote on raising taxes to balance budget
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes