New library director focus of an open house Thursday
Members of the public are invited to welcome Royce Kitts, the Tonganoxie Public Library's new director, at an open house. The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday. Coffee and doughnuts will be provided.
Kitts was offered the job in July to replace Sharon Moreland, the previous director. His first official day was Tuesday. Kitts was a former librarian in Manhattan.
Since leaving the Tonganoxie Public Library in June, Moreland has been working with the Northeast Kansas Library System, helping them roll out the new open-source integrated library system called Koha
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws