Political forum to be held in Linwood this month
A candidate forum will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17 at the Linwood Community Building.
Co-sponsoring the event will be the Linwood Community Development and the November Patriots, a grass-roots non-partisan group aimed at getting people more educated in government and their elected officials.
According to Tom Stoffers of the November Patriots, candidates set to attend so far are Connie O'Brien, Republican in the state representative race, 42nd district, and Republican James Dyson, who is running for Leavenworth County Sheriff.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere