Dash for Diabetes comes to SM Park
The second annual Dash for Diabetes 5K Run/walk will take place at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 20, at Shawnee Mission Park.
The event, which is presented by the Missouri State Medical Association Medical Student Section, is a benefit for the Kansas City Free Health Clinic.
The clinic removes costs of medical treatment for patients who don't have access to the regular care they need. It is staffed by volunteer physicians from the local community.
The clinic encounters more than 47,000 patients every year, many of them suffering from diabetes.
Cost of the event is $30 for adults, $25 for students and $20 for those 12 and younger. Registration forms can be downloaded online at kcfree.org/events/diabetesrun.
More like this story
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Kansas auctioning off hundreds of bottles of booze
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties