Dash for Diabetes comes to SM Park
The second annual Dash for Diabetes 5K Run/walk will take place at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 20, at Shawnee Mission Park.
The event, which is presented by the Missouri State Medical Association Medical Student Section, is a benefit for the Kansas City Free Health Clinic.
The clinic removes costs of medical treatment for patients who don't have access to the regular care they need. It is staffed by volunteer physicians from the local community.
The clinic encounters more than 47,000 patients every year, many of them suffering from diabetes.
Cost of the event is $30 for adults, $25 for students and $20 for those 12 and younger. Registration forms can be downloaded online at kcfree.org/events/diabetesrun.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area