McLouth football impressive in opener
Bulldogs roll, 34-6
It didn't take long for the McLouth Bulldogs to spit the taste of last year's 1-8 season out of their mouths.
The MHS football team dominated visiting Immaculata on Friday night at Stan Braksick Sports Complex, defeating the Raiders, 34-6.
McLouth (1-0) outgained Immaculata, 339-162, in total yards and senior quarterback Derrick Crouse went 4-11 through the air for 119 yards and two touchdowns - finding junior Cody Winborn for a 22-yard score and senior Jake Hullinger on a 42-yard connection.
Crouse also ran for a two-yard score, but the bulk of the damage caused by the running game came courtesy of the feet of senior running back Skyler Terry and receiver Hullinger. Terry had a 27-yard TD run and totaled 84 yards on 11 rushes. Hullinger carried 10 times for 72 yards.
The Bulldogs' other score came from junior Tyler Drinnon, who ran one in from 31 yards out.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely
- New Kansas Statehouse power plant more costly than expected
- Topeka to pay $10K for sewage release