Bulldogs improve record to 5-2, take 3rd at Jeff West
Opening its season on the road for a triangular at Leavenworth with Immaculata and Wathena, the McLouth High volleyball team escaped unscathed this past Tuesday.
The Bulldogs defeated Wathena in two games, 25-10 and 25-12. They also upended host Immaculata with victories of 25-23 and 25-12.
Junior Kylie Shufflebarger led MHS with 18 kills and 12 aces. Sophomore Jeri Holwick set up her fellow Bulldogs throughout, racking up 30 assists. Senior Haley Holwick added nine service aces to the McLouth attack.
McLouth followed those victories up with a third-place finish at the Jeff West Tournament on Saturday.
The Bulldogs defeated Valley Falls in three games, Maur Hill-Mount Academy in three games and Troy in two games. MHS lost to Jefferson County North in two games and host Jeff West in two.
McLouth (5-2) played in a triangular at Oskaloosa on Tuesday night. Check back later for more on those matches.
More like this story
- Patrons weigh in on Tonganoxie superintendent search process during stakeholder meeting
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- Tonganoxie FAST group begins weekly workouts, encourages wide-ranging participation