Mirror, First State Bank urging youths to enter voter poster contest
Calling all youths: Help get out the vote.
The Mirror newspaper and First State Bank and Trust are sponsoring a poster design contest for youths 18 and younger.
The posters must be original in design and promote the theme of "your vote counts."
A panel of judges will select winners in two categories: Kindergarten through eighth grade and ninth-12th grade. Cash prizes will be awarded.
Winning posters will then be published in The Mirror before the Nov. 4 general election. The posters may be placed in business and office windows before the election to remind people to vote.
Deadline for entries will be Oct. 10 and the posters may be dropped off at The Mirror, 520 E. Fourth St. in Tonganoxie, or at any Tonganoxie school.
A complete listing of rules and the poster entry form may be found on page 5A of the Sept. 24 edition of The Mirror, or you can download the entry form by clicking on the "Contest registration" link near the upper left of this story.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Tonganoxie ministers organize vigil to honor police officers killed in Dallas
- A place to call home in Tonganoxie at Cornerstone Family Worship
- Cornerstone Family Worship inviting community to celebrate opening Sunday
- Tonganoxie church takes another step toward new building