Enrollment numbers up in Tonganoxie
The final numbers are in and it looks like the Tonganoxie School District was able to add nearly 50 new faces to its enrollment numbers.
On Wednesday, Sept. 17, Tonganoxie Superintendent Richard Erickson reported that the total headcount of students for 2008 is 1,841 up from 1,794 from 2007.
"Definitely over the last five years, we've had an average increase of about 50 students per year," Erickson said.
The district's full-time equivalent numbers are also up. The FTE numbers are used by the state to distribute money per student. Many factors go into calculating FTE, including the number of students participating in student work programs, vocational programs and those on free and reduced lunch as well as the number of kindergartners, etc. It all depends on the numbers of hours each student attends school.
This year's FTE number is 1,772 while 2007's FTE enrollment number was at 1,734.
There were 668 kids enrolled at the Tonganoxie Elementary School, 568 students enrolled at the Tonganoxie Middle School and 584 enrolled at the Tonganoxie High School.
The remaining students that were added to the total headcount were special education students and preschool students.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation