Bulldog bummer at homecoming
The Bulldogs had a bitter homecoming on Friday night at Stan Braksick Sports Complex as McLouth High was upended by visiting Wathena, 48-8.
WHS led, 13-0 after a quarter, 21-0 at half and 34-0 after three. It wasn’t until the fourth quarter that McLouth (2-2) got on the scoreboard with a rushing touchdown by senior Jake Hullinger, who rushed seven times for 56 yards.
After opening the season with back-to-back wins, the Bulldogs have dropped their last two games by a combined 82 points. They will look to regroup this Friday when they travel to Doniphan West for a 7 p.m. kickoff.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers