Three applicants seek to run state casino in Wyandotte County
Three groups have submitted their applications to manage a state-owned and operated casino in Wyandotte County.
The Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board last year selected Kansas Entertainment LLC to manage a Hard Rock casino in Wyandotte County, but Kansas Entertainment withdrew its application on Dec. 5, 2008.
The Kansas Lottery reopened the application process and received three proposals from developers interested in locating a casino in Wyandotte County.
The three are:
• Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, submitted by Kansas Entertainment LLC for the Kansas Speedway and Cordish Co., for a complex overlooking Turn 2 at the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan.
• Hollywood Casino Kansas, submitted by Penn Hollywood Kansas Inc. for Delvest Corporation, a subsidiary of Penn National Gaming Inc. It wants to build near the Schlitterbahn Water Park off Interstate 435 in Kansas City, Kan.
• Golden Heartland Casino, submitted by Golden Heartland for Golden Gaming, which wants to build its casino/resort in Edwardsville, at the 110th Street exit off Interstate 70.
The Lottery has until June 30 to review the applications and negotiate a contract with the applicants. The Lottery will forward any contracts that are negotiated to the seven-member Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board for its consideration. The Review Board will then have 60 days to forward its choices to the Kansas Racing & Gaming Commission for approval.
More like this story
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Kansas House passes amendment protecting hunting, fishing rights
- Tonganoxie City Council approves hiring legal counsel for potential proceedings with RV resort group
- Tonganoxie sales tax mail-in ballot question coming this winter