Miranda Rae McKiddy was born four months prematurely on Jan. 2, 2009, weighing 1 pound, 6 ounces. Miranda is responding to medical treatment and remains hospitalized.
A Celebration of Life benefit will be held to help defray costs.
A spaghetti dinner will be served from 5-7 p.m., with a DJ dance beginning at 7 p.m. Saturday at Leavenworth American Legion, 418 Cherokee.
A raffle and silent auction will be held throughout the evening. Miranda is the granddaughter of Russell and Audeana (Kramer) Connel, and great-granddaughter of Audean Kramer.
To learn more about Miranda’s progress, visit aandmslittleangel.blogspot.com.
• McLouth Public Library’s book discussion group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003