Linwood man scratches his way to fortune
When Daniel Clayton saw the new Cruisin’ & Cash instant scratch tickets scratch game at the G & S Convenience Store he thought he would give it a try.
Clayton said that he likes to play the scratch lotto tickets every once in a while but, “I don't really play it all the time. I try to manage my money being a disabled vet on a pension.”
He bought two of the $10 scratch tickets and in an instant he won the top prize of $10,000 on the first ticket.
Clayton, who has never won any money from the lottery, said he was completely shocked at his windfall.
“ I honestly wasn't expecting it,” he said. “ I had bought the tickets thinking $20 had just blown away. It was a nice surprise.”
He said the clerk kept telling him he needed to take the ticket to Topeka because he just couldn't believe his luck.
Clayton said he is going to use the money to pay some bills.
More like this story
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea