Chieftains blank Braves
The Tonganoxie High baseball team got its second straight shutout road victory on Wednesday with a 5-0 win at Bonner Springs.
Starting sophomore pitcher Ethan Lorance was nearly spotless in the win, going six innings with seven strikeouts, just three hits allowed and one walk.
Lorance also shined at the plate for Tonganoxie (8-0), going 2-for-4 with a double. Senior Jace Waters also went 2-for-4, scored once and drove in a run.
Dylan Caywood, Rob Schlicht and Dylan Puhr were the only other Chieftains to record a hit. All three had one double apiece.
Schlicht scored twice and drove in a run. Brandon Yoder and Caywood also crossed the plate for Tonganoxie.
The game was scoreless until the Chieftains plated three runs in the fourth and two in the fifth.
After six innings on the mound from Lorance, Schlicth entered in the seventh and struck out one Brave as THS sealed another shutout win away from Leavenworth County Fairgrounds (Tonganoxie also shut out Basehor-Linwood at Basehor one week earlier).
Tonganoxie is off until Tuesday, when the Chieftains play host to Turner at 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court may review case dealing with its power
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas House rejects change in selecting high court justices
- Tonganoxie superintendent's next court appearance is next week; administrator remains on administrative leave
- Kansas House, Senate panels approve judicial budget bill