Grizzle 4th in shot put at KU Relays
Pistora wins womens javelin
As usual, Tonganoxie High had some representatives at the Kansas Relays in Lawrence. And, as usual, the Chieftains had success.
Tonganoxie senior Roni Grizzle finished fourth in the girls shot put Friday morning with a throw of 43 feet, 7.5 inches, breaking her own school record.
Senior thrower Chrissie Jeannin took eighth place in the girls javelin. Her best throw was 122 feet, 6 inches. Grizzle also competed but didn’t make the finals with a throw of 118-4.
In the boys 400-meter dash preliminaries, Chieftains DJ Lindsay and Jeremy Carlisle were right next to each other. Lindsay had the 32nd best time, 52.31, and Carlisle was 33rd with 52.59.
Tonganoxie High product Ali Pistora, a sophomore at Kansas State University, won the women’s javelin with a throw of 160-1, nearly 20 feet farther than the runner-up.
Later Friday, Carlisle finished 22nd in the boys 800-meter run, completing the race in 2:00.72.
Carlisle also was a part of the THS 4x400 relay team, along with Lindsay, Bret Koch and David Powell. They finished 23rd with a time of 3:31.25.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie scavenger hunt leading up to sesquicentennial starts Saturday
- McLouth High bonfires, scavenger hunts and games all part of homecoming week
- Tonganoxie Easter egg hunt today in Chieftain Park
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Show your Irish pride with Tonganoxie T-shirts