Bulldogs score 25 in doubleheader
Lawson fans 15 straight
The McLouth High softball team kept on rolling Tuesday night with a dominating twinbill sweep at Valley Falls.
The Bulldogs won the first game, 15-0, before cruising again in the second contest with a 10-0 victory.
Senior MHS pitcher Lezley Lawson was filthy in the first win. After allowing a leadoff hit in the first, she struck out the next 15 batters to finish the game with a one-hit shutout.
Kendall Patterson led McLouth (10-0) at the plate in the 15-run victory, going 4-for-4 with four RBI. Miss Rome also drove in four and finished 3-for-4 at the plate. Jessie Troupe went 4-for-4 and Lawson was 2-for-3 with an RBI.
Kaley Patterson was starting pitcher in the second game, a six-inning affair, and went the distance, striking out seven.
Kaitlyn Sparks was 3-for-3 with three RBI in the second win. Lawson drove in two and went 3-for-4. Kendall Patterson finished 2-for-3, putting her career hits at 141, six shy of the state record.
MHS is on the road again Thursday, when the Bulldogs travel to Atchison County.
More like this story
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it