Neighbors: Scott Underwood
Occupation: Machinist, THS assistant wrestling coach
Family: Wife, Katie, and son, Beau.
Place of birth: Lawrence
Q: When did you move to Tonganoxie, and what brought you here?
A: I’ve lived here all my life.
Q: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A: Buying my own machine and a piece of land in this economy.
Q: What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
A: I have two: You gotta keep on keeping on and adversity will make you stronger.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I love coaching wrestling; love being with friends and family; and I live life to the fullest.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Pro motorcycle racer.
Q: What's your ideal vacation spot?
A: On a beach with my wife and some beers.
Song: “Fire Maple Song,” by Everclear.
Color: KTM orange (KTM is a type of motorcycle).
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The ultimate Mexican feast
- Tonganoxie youth pen letters to Santa for Christmas 2015
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education