U.S. Senate confirms Sebelius; Parkinson to take governor’s oath at 7 p.m. today
The U.S. Senate has approved the nomination of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as the next U.S. Health and Human Services secretary.
The vote was 65-31 in favor of the governor's nomination. Lt. Gov. Mark Parkinson will be sworn at 7 p.m. today in the north wing of the Statehouse in as Kansas' new governor.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Lindsay Eccles
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- Kansas health care advocates continue to push Medicaid expansion, despite slim prospects in Legislature
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Tonganoxie wrestlers ready to return to mat; postseason sites announced