Leavenworth County Bar Association to hold annual Law Day observance Friday
The Leavenworth County Bar Association will hold its annual Law Day observance at noon Friday in Courtroom No. 3 on the fourth floor of the Leavenworth Justice Center.
Disrtict Judge Gunnar A. Sundby, of the Leavenworth County District Court, will serve as guest speaker.
Law Day is a national day set aside to celebrate the rule of law it was created by a 1958 presidential proclimation and annually observed on May 1. Law Day underscores how law and the legal process have contributed to the freedoms that all Americans share. The theme for this year’s observance is “A Legacy of Liberty: Celebrating Lincoln’s Bicentennial.”
The Bar Association will also have a Liberty Bell award presentation as part of its Law Day activities. The Bar annually presents this award to an individual who provided exemplary public service to the citizens of Leavenworth County and in doing so encouraged greater respect for law and the courts.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie spa owner Lindsey Schubert
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Madrigal Feaste brings in more than 400 for this year's two-night holiday event
- Do ye hear what I hear ye in Tonganoxie?