Extension council elections end tonight
This year’s elections for the Leavenworth County Extension Council were Tuesday and continue with elections from 6:30-9 p.m. today at the extension offices at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds. The offices are north of the main show arena.
Elections for the extension council are open to Leavenworth County residents 18 years of age or older. The council extension is divided into commissioner districts with four positions up for vote each year.
In District 1, Kathleen Adams and David Todd are eligible for re-election. Terry Braum and Jerry Theis will not be running.
In District 2, Matt Yunghans, Steve Buffo and Damon New are eligible for re-election. Connie Anderson will not be running.
In District 3, Mark Milleret, Linda Seufert and Mike Kissinger are up for re-election. Vickie Smith will not be running.
Each council member can serve for two two-year terms. The extension council takes an internal vote to elect extension executive board members, who vote on contracts for Kansas State University Research and Extension Agency personnel.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie HIgh teammates sign to play volleyball on collegiate level
- Tonganoxie's Parker stepping down after 16 years as THS volleyball coach
- County residents on Barton's highest list
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- McLouth's Greene signs to pitch for Saint Mary softball