Fall sports season at Tonganoxie begins with Monday practices
The 2009 fall sports season officially begins Monday with the first day of practice at Tonganoxie High.
The Chieftains cross country runners will be the first to get things started with a midnight practice for sophomores through seniors at the THS east campus. Ninth graders and those who can’t make the 12 a.m. practice will run at 7 a.m. on Monday morning.
The football team will be practicing twice on Monday at the east practice field. Following a two-hour morning practice that starts at 8:30 a.m., an afternoon session will last from 12:30-2 p.m.
THS volleyball players will also have two-a-days. The first practice starts at 1 p.m. at the east gymnasium and a second will take place in the evening from 5:30-7 p.m.
Tonganoxie boys soccer practice begins at 3 p.m. on the west field.
Students can’t practice without a completed physical.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan