School district’s family fitness event coming up
The annual Tonganoxie School District Fit and Fun Family Run/Walk will start at 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 22. Entry forms will be available at enrollment Thursday and Friday at the Chieftain Room in the Tonganoxie High School east campus.
The school district’s physical education department is putting the event together.
Registrations must be turned in by Aug. 6 in order to get a T-shirt by the run day. Otherwise, the T-shirts will be available at Tonganoxie Middle School sometime after the Aug. 22.
A bike rodeo will start at 9 a.m. Bridging the Gap and the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission will sponsor the event. The Tonganoxie City Fire Department and Tonganoxie Police Department will be at the event. It’s hoped a fire truck, ambulance and police car will be available for youths to see as well.
Children will be able to take their bikes through several stations, such as safety signals, bike safety check and helmet fitting.
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for Jan. 31, 2018
- Tourney time in Tonganoxie and McLouth
- Tonganoxie Tidal Waves swim team opens season with victory
- Numbers at Tonganoxie/Eudora interchange on the rise
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions