At the fair: Knowledge tested at Ag Challenge
About 15 people faced off Friday afternoon at the Leavenworth County Fair to see who was the Agriculture Challenge champion.
The contest took place at the 4-H office on the fairgrounds and tested a person’s overall knowledge of agriculture.
After signing up, each contestant received an answer sheet and moved around two tables writing their answers to more than 30 agricultural questions posted to the tabletops.
Some of the questions inquired about which hearing protection was most effective on a farm and the name for a 5-month-old female chicken.
Participants also had to identify certain plant species and goat and swine breeds, among others.
The winner in the senior age group will represent the county in the competition at the State Fair. Winners of all age groups are to be recognized Friday night before the livestock auction.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck